The ESP-32S is the next step up from the ESP8266 modules. This module includes both WiFi and Bluetooth. It also includes a range of sensors integrated as well as a large number of I/O pins.
It’s not as well supported as the ESP8266 so it’s not a recommended starting point but it’s more powerful when you need those extra features for a project you’re working on.
- Microcontroller: Xtensa LX6 32-bit
- Clock Speed: 160MHz
- USB Converter: CP2102
- USB Connector: Micro USB
- Flash Memory: 4 MB
- RAM: 512Kb
- Digital I/O: 32 (26 usable)
- PWM: 16 channels
- Analog Outputs: 2 channels, 8-bit
- Analog Inputs: 16 channels, 12-bit
- Communications: 3 Serial, 4 SPI, 2 I2C, CAN bus, I2S Stereo
- Integrated Sensors: IR remote, Hall sensor, temperature sensor, touch sensors, pulse counter
- Bluetooth: 4.2 and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- WiFi: Built-in 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Buttons: EN (Reset) and IO0 (Boot)
- Programming: Compatible with Arduino IDE
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V internal. 5V-9V external.
2 x ESP-32S Development Boards