This is a step down module that allows the user to adjust both output voltage as well as output current. It makes an excellent bench power supply for building different projects that have different power requirements.
- Use as an ordinary step-down module with overcurrent protection capability
- Press the button to set the output voltage to the voltage value you want.
- First turn the ADJ-I current adjustment potentiometer counterclockwise to the end, then use a multimeter to measure the output short-circuit current at 10A current level (directly connect the two test leads to the output terminal) and adjust the ADJ-I constant current potentiometer clockwise. Make the output current reach the overcurrent protection value you want to set. (For example, the current value displayed by the multimeter is 2A, then the high current can only reach 2A when you use the module, and the red constant current indicator light is on when the current reaches 2A, otherwise the indicator light is off)
- Use as a battery charger
- Modules without constant current function cannot be used to charge the battery. Because the voltage difference between the drained battery and the charger is very large, the charging current is too large and the battery is damaged. Therefore, current to the battery must be constant at the beginning. Current charging, when the charging reaches a certain level, it will automatically switch back to constant voltage charging.
- Determine the floating voltage and charging current of the rechargeable battery you need; (if the lithium battery parameter is 3.7V/2200mAh, then the floating voltage is 4.2V, and the large charging current is 1C, ie 2200mA)
- Under no-load conditions , The output voltage of the button reaches the float voltage; (if charging the 3.7V lithium battery, adjust the output voltage to 4.2V)
- First turn the ADJ-I current adjustment potentiometer counterclockwise to the end, and then use the multimeter 10A current range Measure the output short-circuit current (directly connect the two test leads to the output terminal), and adjust the ADJ-I constant current potentiometer clockwise to make the output current reach the predetermined charging current value
- Connect the battery and charge it.
- (When setting steps 1, 2, and 3: the output terminal is not connected to the battery without load)
- Use as a high-power LED constant current drive module
- Determine the operating current and high operating voltage you need to drive the LED
- Under no-load conditions, press the button to set the output voltage to reach the LED high working voltage
- First turn the ADJ-I current adjustment potentiometer counterclockwise to the end, then use a multimeter to measure the output short-circuit current at the 10A current range (directly connect the two test leads to the output terminal), and adjust the ADJ-I constant current potentiometer clockwise Make the output current reach the predetermined LED working current;
- Connect the LED and test the machine.
- (When setting steps 1, 2, and 3: output no-load without LED light.)
- Module input IN- must not be short-circuited with output OUT-, otherwise the constant current function will fail.
- Please ensure that the power of the power supply is greater than the power required by the output load at all times. When the module is seriously hot, please reduce the power!
- Please read the product description carefully before using it. Damage caused by improper use will not be compensated.
- Input voltage: 6.5 -36V ( input voltage is lower than 6.5V, current accuracy is not accurate, and LCD display is abnormal when lower than 5.5V )
- Output voltage: 1.2-32V, the factory default output is 5V.
- Output current: It can work stably at 3.5A for a long time, and can reach about 4.5A under enhanced heat dissipation (adjustable limit current is about 4.2-4.5A)
- Output power: natural heat dissipation 50W (within 3.5A), enhanced heat dissipation 75W
- Voltage display: resolution of 0.05V, range of 1.2-32V, accuracy of about ±0.1V (Careful for customers with demanding accuracy!)
- Current display: resolution 0.005A, range 0-4.5A or so, accuracy around ±0.05A (for customers with demanding accuracy, be careful!)
- Conversion efficiency: about 94%
- Working current: about 30mA
- Input reverse connection protection: Yes
- Anti-backflow at the output: None (if charging the battery, power on the module before connecting the battery, and make sure that the battery voltage is lower than the output voltage; if possible, please connect an anti-backflow diode in series with the positive output)
- Short circuit protection: Yes
- Size: length * width * height 70.5*48.4*28mm
- Weight: 62g
There are IN/OUT and ON/OFF buttons on the left side of the module.
- IN/OUT button switches the display of input voltage and output voltage. Long pressing can switch the display of output current and output power.
- ON/OFF button controls output ON or OFF, long Press to set the default output state of the next power-on to ON or OFF.
There are two buttons + and – on the right side of the module.
- + press the button once to increase the output voltage by 0.05V, long press to increase continuously, and long press to increase the output voltage by 0.1V, 1V in continuous slow steps
- – press the button to decrease the output voltage by 0.05 V, long press to decrease continuously, and long press to decrease 0.1V, 1V continuously in slow steps.
ADJ-I is the current setting potentiometer. Rotate clockwise to increase the set current. When the load current reaches the set current, it enters the constant current state, and the CC constant current indicator (red) lights up.
The OUT indicator is an output status indicator, it lights up when there is voltage at the output terminal, otherwise it is off.
The CHAR indicator is a charging indicator, it lights up when charging, and the FULL indicator is a full indicator. If the set constant current value is 2A, charge When the current reaches below 0.2A, the lamp will turn on, the FULL indicator will be on, and the CHAR indicator will be off.
1 x 5A Adjustable Buck Regulator Module with Display